|Stack the Deck|
October 9, 2006
Pricing Game Location
Previous Premiered Pricing Game
Next Premiered Pricing Game
- The contestant is shown seven different digits (in the style of playing cards), five of which are the digits in the price of a car.
- The contestant is given an opportunity to "stack the deck" in their favor and receive up to three digits of the car's price in their correct positions. The contestant is shown three pairs of grocery items, one at a time. Each pair has a price displayed, and the contestant must select the item that correctly corresponds to the price. For each correct answer the contestant may choose a digit in the price of the car to be revealed and the card's position (e.g. "the fourth number in the price").
- After the three prices have been guessed, the contestant must fill in the remaining slots correctly using the remaining cards to win the car. The car's price is then revealed by flipping over the game title.
- If you end up playing this game, the best strategy, if possible, would be to ask for the 3rd, 4th, and 5th positions, because the game would then basically become guessing the price of the car in thousands.
- On the game's very first playing on October 9, 2006, it was won right away. For full proof click on the link seen below.
- Beginning on September 24, 2009, the number cards in numerical order; the pre-Season 38 playings had the number cards in a mixed order.
- On February 6, 2015, a new screen graphic was introduced with the picture of the contestant in between the pictures of the two grocery items. With this change, the prices of both items can be seen simultaneously.
- It was created by former director Bart Eskander.
- On April 7, 2015, a former Price is Right contestant from 1996, Martha, who played Dice Game and lost, but ended up in the Showcase and won her Showcase, played this game. She also lost, and also didn't make it to the Showcase.
- Stack the Deck has been won 21 times. The most recent win happened on January 11, 2016.
Stack The Deck Premiere (October 9, 2006)
A Stack The Deck Winner From 2009 (April 17, 2009)
Another Stack The Deck Winner From 2009 (September 24, 2009)
Another Stack the Deck Winner with only 1 number (September 20, 2010)
Stack the Deck played for a Most Expensive Car (January 14, 2011)
The Only Stack The Deck Winner From Season 42 (October 14, 2013)
Heartbreaking Loss from Season 42 (March 25, 2014)
Another Heartbreaking Loss from Season 42 (May 12, 2014)
Stack The Deck Winner From 2015 (January 6, 2015)
Another Stack The Deck Winner From 2015 (May 25, 2015)
Dismal Playing From 2015 (June 17, 2015)