Nikki Schieler Ziering (born Natalie Schieler in Norwalk, California on August 9, 1971) is an American model and actress of Norwegian and German descent. Ziering is perhaps best known for her pictorials in Playboy magazine as she was the Playmate of the Month for September 1997. She is also best known to Game Show audiences as one of Barker's Beauties on The Price is Right from September 20, 1999 to September 30, 2002.
Early Life & Modeling CareerEdit
- A Norwalk, Californian native. Nikki Schieler graduated from Sonora High School in La Habra, California in 1989 and attended Cypress College. While working as a dental assistant in Brea, California, Nikki was discovered by a modeling scout and with her athletic body, it did not take long for her to appear in fashion, lingerie and swimsuit catalogs such as Carabella, Frederick's of Hollywood and Venus Swimwear.
- Her rise as a model took an incredibly short amount of time and it was not long before she could also claim to be a spokesperson for 24 Hour Fitness, Korbell and Coors.
Career in Playboy & ActingEdit
- Nikki's modeling career even soared to even greater heights after she was selected to pose nude in Playboy magazine. She appeared in the August 1997 issue and was the Playmate of the Month for September. Nikki would make a return appearance in July 2003 issue of Playboy along with a feature pictorial.
- A budding acting career followed Nikki's newfound international fame, as she landed guest starring roles on shows such as Beverly Hills, 90210, Babylon 5, V.I.P. and was a guest host on The Gossip Show and Wild On which aired on the E! network.
The Price is RightEdit
- After a string of guest starring roles and hosting gigs, Nikki soon landed a regular, weekly TV gig. On the 28th Season Premiere episode of The Price is Right (aired on September 20, 1999), she was announced as the newest permanent Barker's Beauty, replacing departing model Chantel Dubay (after four official seasons) on the same show and immediately grew an even larger fan base. A memorable moment occurred when she was first introduced, an audience member, in which Bob Barker noticed, mentioned "that's the one!", when he looked at her for the first time. In fact, out of a few hundred women, Nikki was the very first to audition (off-camera) for the job.
- In late 2000, just a little over a year as a Barker's Beauty, Nikki assumed the role of handing Bob Barker his microphone at the beginning of each show following the sudden departure of longtime model Janice Pennington (and Kathleen Bradley), who had been with the series since it's September 4, 1972 premiere and always handed Bob his mic at the start of each show. Nikki would hand Bob his microphone until sometime in 2002 when the handoff was then rotated between herself, Claudia Jordan and Heather Kozar.
- Also in 2002, Nikki appeared alongside Bob and Claudia as they appeared as themselves on an episode of the CBS Soap Opera The Bold and The Beautiful (which tapes next door to Price).
- After nearly four seasons as a Barker's Beauty, Nikki was dumped from the program on (airdate) September 30, 2002. Sometime later after her termination, she revealed that Bob Barker grew increasingly jealous and irritated from all the attention she was getting from the show's fans and during the stop downs of taping shows where audience members would ask him questions about her and what she likes to do when not working on The Price is Right and even said that he schemed to have her removed from the show, prompting Barker to fire back, claiming that Nikki's statement was "completely inaccurate".
Current Career & Personal LifeEdit
- After being forced out of her role as a Barker's Beauty, Schieler-Ziering returned to her acting roots. She had a small, non-speaking role as one of four henchwomen in the 2002 film Austin Powers in Goldmember followed by an appearance as the villainous Allison in Serving Sara that same year. Soon after, Nikki was also seen in the 2003 film American Wedding where she played a topless Police Officer named Krystal and as Charlene in the film National Lampoon's Gold Diggers.
- In 2008. Nikki starred as the female lead character Casey Myers in the B-movie Crazy Girls Undercover.
- Some of Nikki's television credits include appearing on shows such as The Young and The Restless, Less Than Perfect, and appeared on the reality show I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Outta Here !.
- Nikki was previously married to Beverly Hills 90210 actor Ian Ziering, whom she meet while filming a guest spot of the series. Shortly before their "I Dos" on July 4, 1997, she converted to Judaism so they would be of the same faith. They had no children together and on February 28, 2002, it was Ian who filed for divorce from Nikki, citing irreconcilable differences. She has said that their separation was contentious and that she was not given any support or help moving out of the home they shared.
- She is now in or has been in a relationship with boyfriend Rick Reynolds and they have one child: daughter Tatum Ella Reynolds, born on March 27, 2009.