Cynthia Dawn "Cindy" Margolis (born October 1, 1965 in Los Angeles, California) is an American Model and actress. She auditioned to become the newest Barker's Beauty on The Price is Right during it's 22nd season and later returned as the temporary fill-in during it's 24th season.
- Born and raised in Los Angeles, California, to Jewish parents Karyn and William C. Margolis.
With an outgoing personality to match her all-American, girl-next-door looks, Cindy already had her sights set on making a name for herself from an early age. A natural self-promoter, Margolis' entrepreneurial instincts kicked in while attending California State University, Northridge where she designed her own line of specialty greeting cards for a business class assignment. Naturally, she posed as the model for the cards, which conveniently included her phone number. Soon orders for the cards were coming in, as were legitimate modeling offers from agents who had been shown her innovate class projects.
- Margolis' modeling career took off beginning in the mid-to-late 1980s. She has modeled in advertising for companies such as Reebok, Vidal Sassoon, Coors, Frederick's of Hollywood, Hanes, and Sunkist. She was Miss Makita Power Tools 1986 and did appearances at woodworking trade shows.
- Aside from posing for cameras, Cindy also segwayed into an acting career. She landed guest starring roles on shows such as Married With Children, Murphy Brown, and on both Baywatch and it's spin-off series Baywatch Nights.
"Price is Right" audition & comebackEdit
- Margolis' continued to embark in modeling and acting gigs and soon took on a new challenge. She auditioned to become a Barker's Beauty on The Price is Right, replacing 18-year veteran Dian Parkinson. as she was one of the very first hopefuls to audition and her tryout episodes aired in late November 1993, with the 24th marking her first appearance and continued on until December 2nd. Cindy was one of few tryout models invited back the following season (beginning on September 11, 1995) to fill the vacant spot left by Gena Lee Nolin, who was selected as permanent Barker's Beauty and parted ways with the program after landing a contract role on Baywatch as Cindy stepped in during the first week after Gena's departure, continuing on until October 3rd.
- Annette Marroquin was also invited back to the show for several weeks as she filled in the fourth spot, taking over for Cindy, beginning on October 4th until the end of the month, with Cindy returning again in November as it was then decided by the show's producers to downsize the number of models from four to three following Holly Hallstrom's abrupt dismissal on October 27th.
- Newcomer Michele Smith auditioned to become the new Barker's Beauty spot and remained with the show for a few weeks. Chantel Dubay, Mindy Kennedy Alvarez and long-term substitute model Kyle Aletter were also invited back to appear for a number of weeks. Out of all the girls, Cindy, Mindy and Chantel appeared more frequently as the producers rotated between the three and ultimately deciding to go with Chantel as Gena's permanent replacement as announced that April 1996.
- Although she was never a regular Barker's Beauty on The Price is Right, Cindy's popularity skyrocketed to even greater heights. She was frequently featured in segments for the entertainment news programs Entertainment Tonight and Extra and was soon named as the "Queen of the Internet" by Yahoo! Internet Life Magazine. She also found her way into the 2000 Guinness Book of World Records as a result of being the "most downloaded" person in 1999. At the peak of her popularity, images of Margolis were downloaded 70,000 times in a span of 24 hours.
- Margolis also continued acting, landing small roles in TV and movies. She appeared in the 1997 film Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery as one of the fembots. She also appeared in the 1998 comedy Chairman of the Board. Cindy was also a frequent guest on Howard Stern's radio show, earning the radio shock jock his highest ratings ever.
- Cindy also found love, she began dating restaurateur Guy Starkman and later became married as they exchanged "I Dos" in September 1998.
- No longer just a stunning blonde bombshell, she had become a bankable brand name, which she leveraged as the host of the short-lived dance party program titled The Cindy Margolis Show which was broadcasted from Miami, Florida and aired on the UPN network in 2000.
- Also in 2000, Cindy shared a reunion with Bob Barker on Donny and Marie. Bob talked about his professional and personal life and gave Donny and Marie a chance to play the Clock Game as Cindy appeared and modeled the "prizes" the Osmond siblings had a chance to "win" (Cindy was also a scheduled guest on the same show and appeared later).
- In 2002, Margolis and her husband, Guy Starkman had been married for 5 years and wanted to start a family when they first married but it wasn't an easy road. She and her husband had experienced difficulty becoming pregnant in the months following their wedding. Using in-vitro fertility treatments, she and Starkman eventually conceived their first child, a son, Nicholas. Three years later, their family expanded even further, welcoming twin daughters, Sabrina and Sierra, thanks to the incubation assistance of a surrogate mother.
- When Cindy Margolis entered the age of 40, Cindy took on a brave new challenge. She took it all off for the cameras of Playboy as she posed in the December 2006 issue of the magazine.
- After her nude pictorials in the magazine, Cindy revealed that she wanted to be an inspiration to mothers and women her age and that being the reason she wanted to bare it all for Playboy and also saying that it would be fun going up against 20-something centerfolds.
- In an interview with EXTRA! magazine, Margolis stated that Desperate Housewives had been an inspiration for her as it showed that mothers her age can also be fit and sexy. A portion of the proceeds from the issues sold will go to a charity for which Cindy is a spokeswoman, "RESOLVE". This charity aims to get fertility treatment better covered by insurance companies.
- Aside from her continuing success after her pictorials in Playboy and her charity work, Cindy's home life began to crumble. She and husband Guy Starkman separated in 2008 and eventually divorced a year later.
- Just weeks after separating from her husband, Cindy Margolis continued to work which included making a return appearance in Playboy as she posed nude once more in the July 2008 issue of the magazine with the cover proclaiming Cindy Margolis is Sexy and Single!.
- Soon after, Cindy was on the hunt to find a new love. In 2010, the FOX Reality Channel produced an original series titled Seducing Cindy, a dating reality show where male contestants between the ages of 18 and 49 competed to win the affections of Cindy. The reality show lasted only one season as the Fox Reality channel was discontinued by all major Cable TV companies.
- Today, Margolis continues to remain active in her charity causes and makes occasional TV and sometime Movie appearances. She can be currently on the ABC Family Show Beverly Hills Nannies, where she employs a nanny for her three children.