Burton Merrele Richardson (born September 29, 1949 in Portland, Oregon) is an American television announcer.
Beginning in 1989, he was the announcer on the late night talk show The Arsenio Hall Show and it was here he would become known for his long-drawn-out introduction of the show's host: "ARSENIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...HALLLLLLLLLLLLL !!!!!!".
- Burton Richardson has also announced for various game shows which include Rodeo Drive, GSN's Russian Roulette and WinTuition. He was also the announcer on two different editions of To Tell the Truth (1990-1991, hosted by Lynn Swann and 2000-2001, hosted by John O'Hurley)
as well as running a long-running announcer stint on Family Feud during the tenures of Louie Anderson (1999-2002), Richard Karn (2002-2006), and John O' Hurley (2006-2010).
- In 1994, shortly after the ending of The Arsenio Hall Show, Burton landed another announcing job, he was the announcer on the newly short-lived syndicated version of
Price is RightEdit
- In September 2001, Burton made his debut on the Bob Barker version of Price, he was brought in as a temporary replacement for Rod Roddy, who took a leave of absence due to illness and surgeries. Richardson would return to fill in for Rod on The Price is Right off-and-on during the 2002-2003 season (Randy West would take over for Burton beginning in June).
- After Rod's death in October 2003, Burton and Randy rotated as intern announcers (while several others including Jim Thornton and Daniel Rosen also stepped in) until Rich Fields was chosen as the permanent replacement.
- Burton made one last return to the announcer's booth on Price in December 2006 after Rich Fields had fallen ill.
- Burton Richardson ended his long running announcer stint on Family Feud in 2010 and began announcing on the Hub Network's Family Game Night (hosted by Todd Newton) and continued on until his departure in 2012.
- Burton Richardson came back to announce Celebrity Family Feud from 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- As of today, Burton's whereabouts are unknown, it is believed he's retired.