Ashley Coleman (born June 14, 1981 in Camden, Delaware, now known as Ashley Coleman-Thayer) is an African-American Model, actress, and former Teen Beauty Pageant Winner.
Ashley has been in the entertainment industry since the age of eight, starting out as a print and runway model before moving on to Teen Beauty Pageants. She entered and won her first title, Miss Delaware Teen USA in 1998 and reigned in Delaware until she won the Miss Teen USA 1999 title in Shreveport, Louisiana, in August 1999. Ashley was crowned by Vanessa Minnillo of South Carolina (who previously won the title in 1998) and later gave up her title as she crowned Jillian Parry of Pennsylvania in August 2000.
- While she was Miss Teen USA, Coleman represented the Miss Universe Organization. Her "sister" 1999 titleholders were Kimberly Pressler (Miss USA, of New York) and Mpule Kwelagobe (Miss Universe, of Botswana). Coleman was the second Miss Teen USA winner to appear as a Price is Right model - the other was former model Brandi Sherwood. Coincidentally, Sherwood appeared on one of Coleman's episodes, filling in for former model Rebecca Mary Pribonic.
- Ashley graduated from Caesar Rodney High School in 1999 and prior to winning her state title, she had modeled for Tommy Hilfiger, Rite Aid and Johnson & Johnson, Target, as well as Seventeen and Teen People magazine.
- After winning Miss Delaware Teen USA, Coleman changed her plans as she attended the University of Miami and took classes at Delaware State University, completing three years toward her degree in education. Prior to completing her final year, Ashley decided to take a break and attempt to enter the entertainment industry as she packed her bags and made the move to Los Angeles, California in 2003.
- Arriving in Los Angeles with hopes to make it big in the entertainment industry, Ashley began going on auditions for acting and modeling gigs. While she scored small minor roles in TV and movies, Ashley caught her big break in 2004 when she auditioned for and landing the gig as a Barker's Beauty on The Price is Right, making her national debut on September 21, 2004 and continued on until October 4th, 2004 for a total of ten episodes.
- After her run as Barker's Beauty on The Price is Right, Ashley pursued other modeling opportunities as well re-entering the pageant scene as she had done so in 2006. She placed third runner-up to future Price is Right model Tamiko Nash in the Miss California USA 2006 pageant. She is only the second Miss Teen USA winner not to win a state title on her first attempt (the other being Christie Lee Woods). This may be partly because she is also the first Miss Teen USA to attempt at Miss USA state pageant outside her teen-winning state.
- Away from all the pageantry, TV, and modeling gigs, Ashley has settled into a quiet family life. She currently resides in Newark, Delaware with her husband D'reardon and their two daughters, Jordan and Mia. She spends most of her time cooking healthy organic meals, running, baking healthy treats, practicing yoga, attending church services at Trinity Episcopal, working out at her local YMCA, and writing her blog: Self Soul Space.
- She believes in being positive, eating organic-natural-No GMO-preservative free foods, and spending time with her loved ones. Ashley looks forward to sharing her ideas and healthy lifestyle choices, through motivational speaking and her Self Soul Space workshops.